Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Introduction

Blog - a word very commonly heard and discussed at social parties and get together. Ok, i wont start introducing what a blog means, i never judge my readers intelligence you see :-) but, this was something which was mystical to me for some time now. I used to think phrases like  "I read this in a blog" or "you should blog this" really meant a piece of art to be written and expressed only by the elite writer. But after a long discussion with my friends i realized blogging is just pouring out what you feel about a subject that you appreciate and love to the core. So I thought, hmmm what is the most precious lovable thing in my life....Priti (my wife) was the first thing that popped up in my mind (wink....she may read this), but writing a blog on your wife can go seriously wrong, so i passed on that impulse and settled for the second most loved thing in my life - FOOD. I may be no food connoisuer or a grand chef, but man i know  MY food. And those who know me well, know that i really mean it.
Born in an era well before the birth of the 3 important C's in todays life Cable, Cellphones and Computers I opened my first hotmail account at the age of 18. I actually saw the birth and growth of internet, starting from ICQ and MIRC chat to opening of hotmail, with a search engine named alta vista all the way to share your thots on twitter, blogspot and facebook.Did all the regular stuff that is expected of an Indian kid- highschool, engineering, came to University of Texas at Dallas in 2000 finished my PhD in electrical engineering in 2006, joined a semiconductor company in the bay area and moved to california since then. Got married in 2008 and here we are in 2010 starting a blog on what details out the quick version of my life's journey - FOOD. At all steps thru my life, i moved thru different phases of food, ate it enjoyed it and never wondered about it. But now when i look back, i realize what it really means to eat and more importantly enjoy what you eat.

So hence forth, thru this forum I am going to make a bold attempt on describing simple things that i eat in a way that my mind, my heart, my taste buds and finally my stomach looks at it. As my goodluck would have it Priti is a wonderful cook, and I am a wonderful eater. The combo is perfect.

Ok so the first question that comes up is - whats different !

Truly, the answer is - Nothing. This is just another Blog on food. The only difference is, i aint trying to market food, review food, sell food, show how to make food or write a cook book. I am only trying to show my view on what i eat on a daily basis and more importantly how i relish it. I may not educate people on the concept of eating, but i hope to change your views on really appreciating every simple thing that you bite on (and is edible....wink)

I aint writing to be popular, or sell a blog or comments or reviews. I write because i love what i write and i write what i love.

Heres to a new beginning........

2 comments:

  1. Nice... now hopefully you have frequent updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your reviews, hope to try a lot of what you recommend.

    ReplyDelete